POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light_group question : Re: light_group question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light_group question
From: jkb
Date: 21 Apr 2002 16:56:05
Message: <3cc32765@news.povray.org>
> You're global_lights .7 is seen as global_lights 1 since it is apparently
> rounded up. That keyword operates according to on off, 1 0, yes no, true
> false.

Hmm, apparantly I have misunderstood the use of global_lights. In further
misunderstanding, though, even with global_lights on, the light causing the
second shadow shouldn't interact with the ball, right? I thought it should
only interact with the plane, and adding global lights allows for
interaction of other lights in the scene to also interact with the plane. As
it is, light_group doesn't do a whole lot if lights in the light group
interact with other objects as well. A long way of saying that turning off
global_lights causes the shadows cast onto the plane to be darker than I
want them to be. I'll have to experiment some more and figure out a way
around that.

jkb